Tuesday 6 January 2015

La Belle returns..............beware, it's a long 'un.....!!!xxx

Greetings lovely people!

After a nigh on four month blog sabbatical I am returning full of vim and vigour for the year ahead!!

Whilst being away from the keyboard I have felt pretty crap at times(thank you fibro) but I have also done a lot of sewing and found my new love.......crochet!

Now I was taught to crochet at a young age and, as a lot of people do, forgot all about it. I can't quite remember what triggered my wanting to 'hook' again but I did and it has been brilliant. I have reconnected with my crafting heart, made new friends and managed to make some decorations for Yule, as well as gifts! Whoop I say!

I'll put up some pics of some of the things I have created since September just so you can see I have been creating, if a little quietly.....

First up; a lavender pillow and butterfly for Big Nana x

In the beginning! This hat was crocheted using yarn from my late Little Nana and sparked some positive feedback.........

I also made a pair of 'wristlets' to match as I wear these a lot, especially when it's colder - numb fibro hands do make crochet difficult!x



My first commission piece which a lovely ex-colleague ordered from me having seen the one I made with Little Nana's wool. Everyone loved the original hat colours but that was made with genuinely old yarn, making it a one off piece so I checked other preferred colours thankfully the recipient was happy with her hat too! Phew!!x

                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Now this one was made for my friend for Christmas, using yarn from her own Grandmother. I liked being able to use this yarn as it made the gift that bit more personal and, luckily, it went down a storm!!



A 3d, crocheted Christmas tree?! Oh yes! It started to take a good while and I had to pause it to complete my gift-making so...........This year's the aim!!



Snowflake garlands were a fave festive make in 2014! 



Rebel snowflake! 

Ok, so for the OH's works 'do' I hooked a little clutch bag, added a vintage brooch for a touch of glam, and a pair of earrings from some sparkly beads and buttons................shame we didn't make the do in the end but the bag's had a successful outing over the festive season!x
Pretty bag!x

Little bit of upcycled Indian cotton lining? Don't mind if I do!x


So that's a little round up of my recent crafty, crochet makes. There have been other goods made but to show them all would be just too much!

Suffice it to say I've sewn, patchworked, crocheted, designed, procrastinated, planned and completely got caught up in the New Year 'shake things up' vibe. With a beautiful vintage sewing basket for Christmas, plus a crochet 'hamper', a load of funky veg seeds and new craft books to name but a few of the awesome gifts I received,  I'm feeling inspired and ready to a) make my dream of selling handmade goods a reality and b) kick fibromyalgia's backside as naturally as possible (the inner hippy never truly goes away).

Bring on the New Year!

Bring on the challenges!!

Bring on the trumpets!!! (Just for my sis Heidi-Jo Swain - she's gonna be a published author this year you know!)


See you soon for more mayhem and hookery!



Big Love, Loli B xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment