Thursday 3 July 2014

There's a cornucopia of information out there........insomnia...........and 'Hoot' the owl.........

Hello again!

Having posted earlier I have spent a while going through my 'resource' file and the good old t'internet searching out all kinds of info - legal shizzle, where to sell, who charges what to sell on your behalf and all that jazz.

Phew! I had to take a little break and have a cuppa in the garden after information overload and wouldn't you know it? The OH rings me and suggests I have been sunning myself while he's been working all day. If only. I'd probably have less of a headache if I had been in the sun too long!

The upshot of my afternoon's research is that I have a (long) list of websites to check out, blogs to read, and decisions to make.......oh and pattern pieces to cut ready for assembly. (I mean putting together - not taking to school in the morning!)

In other news I was unfaithful to my blog this week - I posted a pic of a little creation on Facebook before I posted it here. Please forgive me dear blog! *grovels on knees, does puppy dog eyes etc etc

Anyhoo, here's what I should have posted!

The OH is having trouble sleeping so I made him a little felt owl, whom I promptly named 'Hoot', and filled it with lavender from the garden. (I doodled many 'owl' shapes and searched out many pictures and eventually came up with a relatively simple shape I was happy with).

Here he is:


'Hoot'

Having handed him over to the OH I stated that he was fiddly to make and was deffo a one-off, but within a few mins of the photo of the owl being on Facebook a friend asked if she could order some! Typical yet marvellous!!!

To be fair, having made my templates (from template plastic) cut the felt pieces and chosen the buttons for the eyes the 'making' part wasn't tricky at all. I think I'm trying to convince myself that if I blast through the preparation I can handle making more; plus it's cute and smells lovely so I'm becoming rather keen!

Off to soothe my overloaded brain with laid back tunes and sunshine for a little longer before I get back to it!

Big Love, Loli B xxx

P.s. It's a good job the owl is aesthetically pleasing as it didn't help with the sleep problem at all! Are men-folk immune to Lavender??

No comments:

Post a Comment