Thursday 10 July 2014

Designing, doodling and doing!

Howdy, it's time for another update on my crafting journey (even if it is later than planned - thank you fibromyalgia)

So, I've been trying out a few old things and a few new this week - felt brooch (new), oilcloth key ring (new) and jewellery (old).

A few weeks ago I got a copy of Craftseller magazine with a free kit attached to make a travel card wallet from some lovely red and white polka dot oilcloth fabric. Sadly, not all of the parts were inside so I sent a little tweet to the magazine and they said they'd send me a replacement kit with their apologies. (I must add here that it is an utterly brilliant mag and website - www.craft-seller.com please check it out for tons of ideas and info).

True enough the next day I received a new kit, with all the right bits, and was ready to crack on and make the wallet. But hang on a second! There was a completed card wallet inside along with the kit!

Having customised my wallet (of course) I figured I could make a couple of key rings with some of the oilcloth. They're dinky and, to be fair, not incredibly sturdy but they are pretty! Here's one of them:


Oilcloth key ring x
Having given one to my friend (which was immediately hung up in her car) I thought I'd do a little jewellery making - an old friend of mine!

The handy thing about this was that even though I've been feeling devoid of all energy I could do this from the comfort of an armchair.

First up; the heart key ring friend loves anything pink and/or sparkly so I made her a little pair of earrings......
Sparkly earrings x 
Next I made myself a pair with 'bone', semi-precious stone and 'shell' pieces - the bone isn't real of course and I'm afraid I can't tell you what the semi-precious stone is as the beads came from a big bag of mixed stone beads!  

Anyhoo, I wanted something pretty but laid back and here they are:
Turquoise and neutral earrings x
As you can see for some reason I just could not get my camera to focus on these - must figure that out before I launch my shop!!!

Finally, I had to do something else with fabric - I can't go a day without the feel of it in my hands........

Lo and behold; Billy bluebird was created - a dinky bird brooch made from felt and stuffed with a little stuffing to make him puff out his chest! Here he is on my first Glasto bag (I now have three) which was wonderfully lined and customised by my fabulous Mum with a selection of buttons old and new!!

Billy bluebird
Since these makes I've been busy designing more earrings and brooches so my next post will hopefully show you these..........

'Till next time, be happy and enjoy the sunshine!!

Big Love, Loli B xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment